Went to see Kinky Boots on Tuesday night … no flannel … just BOOK IT! Fantastic show in every way.
It’s the true story of how one Northamptonshire shoe manufacturer saved his shoe factory by entering a niche market… very entertaining.
Use code “STILETTO” when purchasing online or at the box office to secure the best seats in the house for £25!
Showing at Blackpool Winter Gardens until October 12th. DON’T MISS IT!
I have just finished my Christmas shopping! 7 Pleasure Beach annual passes. They are on sale online FOR A SHORT TIME ONLY at just £80 each! These passes give you unlimited rides, including late nights and fireworks EVERY DAY IN 2020. That’s amazing value! My kids and grandkids will love them; what about you?
- Blackpool has miles of golden sand just waiting for you, your deck chair, picnic, bucket & spades. Stroll, paddle, lounge around or play ball games, the choice is yours! And South Beach has an award-winning BLUE FLAG!
- If sand isn’t your thing, the Spanish-style steps all along the Prom are just right for whiling away a couple of hours and indulging in a bit of people watching.
- Blackpool has not one, but 3 piers. Each has its own distinctive character but all have splendid views over the Irish Sea and plenty of places to rest awhile. There’s free live entertainment at weekends and in school hols.
- For a spot of retail therapy or window shopping there are loads of souvenir and independent shops as well as a dedicated shopping centre called the HoundsHill in Blackpool central.
- Stanley Park is a fabulous space for some outdoor fun … take scooters, bikes or simply enjoy a peaceful stroll away from the hustle and bustle of town. There is a lovely lake, children’s play area, woodland, Italian gardens, fountains, clock tower, Art Deco cafe, a bandstand with free music on Sundays, squirrels, ducks, geese etc etc
- Grundy Art Gallery (Queen Street) hosts regular exhibitions and events
- There is an art trail along New South Prom, with 10 art installations for you to explore, including a sea organ and a huge glitter ball
- Although Blackpool doesn’t have traditional rock pools, it does have some great places to look for crabs, starfish etc … try the man-made 6-sided hollow concrete blocks designed as part of the sea defences close to the Sandcastle Waterpark. Don’t forget your wellies!
- For 10 weeks in the Autumn (Sept to early Nov) the Illuminations shine out. Make sure you walk through the tableaux on North Shore and watch the Lightpool shows projected onto Blackpool Tower.
- Organ music more your style? Then head to the sun lounge on North Pier for a daily free concert featuring popular music.
- Are animals your preference? Then try a visit to Penny Farm Horse Sanctuary near the junction of the motorway/B&Q. There’s free entry and regular family fun days.
- Visit the RNLI Lifeboat Station on the seafront and take a look at the lifeboats.
- Every Friday evening in September there are spectacular fireworks displays off North Pier; these are the World Fireworks Championships and the display is best viewed between central and north piers.
- A great family event takes place on the Tuesday evening before the Illuminations are switched on. The Prom is closed to all traffic except pedal power! Families walk through the Lights or ride their bikes (every shape and size and often cleverly decorated) and there is a great atmosphere.
- Blackpool Airshow takes place every August … sit on the Spanish style steps and enjoy the displays
- Spot a heritage tram … every weekend and school holidays.
- Stroll around the Winter Gardens … restored to its former Art Deco glory. Well worth a look!
- Look out for Blackpool Heritage Open Days in September … behind the scenes tours at venues such as The Tower, The Grand Theatre, The Winter Gardens, The Pleasure Beach, The Salvation Army, the Vic Hospital
- There are loads of free events every year in Blackpool … fun runs, concerts, exhibitions, displays, Live entertainment, parades, car shows etc. Keep your eyes peeled for the latest updates!
Photos from VisitBlackpool
1. Get even wetter at the Sandcastle Indoor Waterpark! Slides, wave pools, adrenalin chutes, spa & cafe in tropical temperatures
2. Ice skating at the Arena, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
3. Multiplex Cinema, Rigby Road for the latest blockbusters
4. Tower Dungeons … funny-scary (not scary, scary)
5. Tower Eye … 4D film & lift to the top of the Tower to walk on the glass floor
6. Sealife Centre … sharks, rays, octopus, seahorses etc
7. Tussauds Waxworks … don’t forget your camera for selfies with the stars
8. Houndshill Shopping Centre for indoor shopping … Debenhams, Clarks, Primark, Deichmann, Yours, Boots, Disney Store etc
9. Tower Ballroom … while away the afternoon to live organ music in fabulous surroundings or indulge in afternoon tea
10. Coral Island … amusement arcades with kids’ rides & casino
11. Indoor Crazy Golf, under the Sealife Centre and Dino Golf in the Tower
12. Play centres … Playbarn next to the zoo, Planet Kaos near Asda
13. Catch a matinee show or an evening performance … Legends, Hot Ice, Viva Cabaret Bar, Kings & Queens, Opera House, Grand Theatre
14. Escape Rooms … an hour to escape!
15. Ascent Trampoline Park
1. The beach … long stretches of clean sand & it’s free (donkey rides available). South Beach is an award-winning Blue Flag beach.
2. Blackpool Zoo … meet the new arrivals and see the state-of-the-art Elephant Base Camp.
3. Blackpool Tower Circus … 2 hours of fantastic, edge of your seat entertainment with an amazing water finale
4. Sandcastle Indoor Waterpark … 18 exciting water rides and attractions in tropical temperatures whatever the weather outside
5. The Pleasure Beach … meet Dora or the Turtles & ride in Nickolodeon Land
6. The Playbarn … burn off energy in this indoor play zone (next door to the zoo)
7. Tower Eye … jump on the glass floor if you dare!
8. Sealife Centre … hands on pools plus shark tunnel. Meet the baby twin Blacktip sharks
9. Stanley Park … rowing boats on the lake, High Ropes, extensive play area, Art Deco cafe, lakeside walks
10. Mme. Tussauds Waxworks … interactive fun with your favourite celebs and meet the Marvel Heroes
11. Dino Golf … themed indoor crazy golf inside the warmth of Blackpool Tower
12. Catch the latest movies at the Odeon Multiplex cinema … Rigby Road
13. Ice skating … public skating sessions at Blackpool Ice Arena inside the Pleasure Beach
14. Ascent Trampoline Park … bounce to your heart’s content
15. Amusement arcades … South Pier, Coral Island etc … save those 2p pieces and play your own “Tipping Point” game
Wow! Took the 3 grandkids to see this year’s circus this afternoon and I have to say it was A1. Thrilling, daring, beautiful, funny are just some of the words which come to mind. Featuring acrobats, knife throwers, quick-change artiste, dancers, Mooky & Mr Boo to name but a few and the thrilling “hamster wheel” act with a new twist I hadn’t seen before. Our group ranged in ages from 4 to 60+ and all 5 of us thoroughly enjoyed the show and were enthralled. For me, when you are on the edge of your seat during an act, that’s the sign of a great show and we certainly got that today. Here’s the reaction of 2 of our grandchildren to the knife throwing act, LOL:
Never been to Funny Girls or not been recently? Then why not give it a try?
Allan and I had the pleasure of attending the Funny Girls new season preview last night. It was a great night, as always, with superb lighting, sound system, fabulous costumes and inspired choreography. Of course, it’s not just about the glamorous ladies on stage, there is also the wonderful DJ Zoe getting the party going in her own inimitable style.
The show began with several numbers from Cabaret followed by sets based around Bond films, the Sally Army and Shirley Bassey, all ably led by Funny Girls’ star, Betty Legs Diamond. Amusing, a little bit naughty but always professional and well performed.
This is Funny Girls 25th Anniversary year. Let’s all go along and help them to celebrate!
Want to visit?
Love our rooms?
Want them cheaper? Now you can!
- Insert promo code wesc0e10 on our online booking page www.thewescoeblackpool.com for an automatic 10% reduction from the online price (saves a £5.50 to £13.50 per night depending on room type and date of stay)
- Phone 07539 600632 quoting wescoe10
- email enquiries@the wescoeblackpool.com quoting wescoe10
- send a message through our facebook page www.facebook.com/WescoeBlackpool quoting wescoe10