Funny Girls Christmas Spectacular runs until 6 January
There’s something for everyone in Blackpool this New Year. All of the usual daytime attractions are open including the Tower, Waxworks, Sealife Centre, shops, bars and arcades, restaurants and cafes.
In the evening Blackpool springs into action with both adult and family shows, pantomime, cabaret, parties, karaoke, clubs and bars and social clubs. There are numerous bars near to the Wescoe including The Last Resort, The Sun Inn, The Dutton Arms, Yates’, The Velvet Coaster, The Dog and Partridge, Ma Kelly’s South, The Gavel and The Royal Oak. The nearest social club is the Duple for family entertainment. Cabaret is available at the Viking Hotel and at Ma Kellys nearby.
Larger bars, nightclubs, Funny Girls, Viva Showbar and Ma Kellys Station can all be reached by a short tram or taxi ride.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
This is Lytham Festival’s 10th anniversary year & so, they have pulled out all of the stops to bring us this incredible line up:
Wednesday 10 July Human League
Thursday 11 July to be announced
Friday 12 July Kylie Minogue … yes … KYLIE, supported by Sophie Ellis Bextor
Saturday 13 July ROD STEWART … amazing!
Sunday 14 July Michael Ball & Sheridan Smith
This will be AMAZING!
Individual tickets on sale from Friday 30th November or discounted tickets for all 5 nights available now
Insert dicount code wesc5 into the promo box on the booking page and see your prices fall between £3 and 6 per night. Use code unlimited times for any room type, any time of year
1. The Pleasure Beach … all day thrills & spills for around £39 (book online the day before your visit for substantial savings or save those Tesco Clubcard points). Give Icon, the newest roller coaster a try if you dare!
2. The beach … miles of golden sand & donkeys for traditional family fun
3. Blackpool Zoo … whether you have kids or not, this is a great day out … flat, beautifully landscaped, new animals, revamped enclosures & 2 cafes. Lots of interactive areas, too. Make sure you visit the new Elephant Base Camp.
4. Blackpool Tower Circus … entertaining & heart-stopping feats, different every year &, of course, Mooky, the best clown in the business (in my humble opinion)
5. Sandcastle Indoor Waterpark … slides & waves in tropical heat or relax in the spa area
6. Tower Dungeons … a great interactive attraction … real actors introduce you to some of history’s less-than-pleasant experiences; fun-scary not x-rated scary!
7. Tussauds Waxworks … featuring new Super Heroes section. Touch the models & take your own pictures with them
8. Shows … Lots of choice here from West-end quality musicals at the Winter Gardens, traditional end of pier shows on the North pier, Legends (temporarily in the Tower Ballroom for 2018), Kings & Queens on Central Pier, Funny Girls, family entertainment at the Pleasure Beach and great comedy, illusion and cabaret shows at Viva. Something for everyone!
9. Shopping … whether it’s small souvenir shops, big-name brands or Department stores you like, Blackpool has it all
10. Heritage tram tours for a view along some of the most beautiful scenery in the UK
11. Winter Gardens … heritage tours are now available & you get to see the glorious restoration of this impressive building … genuinely an absolute delight!
12. The Sealife Centre … fun AND educational. This year’s “Save a Turtle” was a great hit with our grandchildren!
I know that’s 12 things but it’s so difficult to stick to 10!!!!
… at the end of another lovely day
… 17 MILLION people visited Blackpool last year … an increase of 25%!