It has been confirmed by the Government today that the Blackpool staycation can go ahead from 4th July! Get those buckets and spades ready, book those Pleasure Beach and zoo tickets, book your favourite B&B (hope it’s us) and away we go. Can’t wait to see you all again xx
It has been announced today that the Illuminations will shine for a further 2 months and, instead of ending on Nov 7th will run right through to Jan 3rd!
The Pleasure Beach is also extending it’s season by 4 weekends until 13th December.
The Wescoe will remain open at weekends 7 Nov to 13 December for all of your accommodation needs.
Hello to all our wonderful guests 💗💗💗
We have received so many messages and we have really enjoyed keeping in touch with so many of you and hearing how you are coping with the new normal.
We miss you all and cannot wait to see you again!
We still haven’t received an official re-opening date but are still working towards 4th July. As you know, the Government is likely to put a cap on how many guests we are allowed to take which is why we are offering risk-free bookings to you, our regular guests … this means no deposits and no cancellation fees should you wish to change your booking (or cancel completely); we want you to feel financially secure when booking, safe in the knowledge that we are not some big, impersonal company which wants to hang on to your money!
So what have we been doing to prepare for our re-opening and to ensure your safety?
We have completed a Covid19 risk assessment and made changes where necessary to the daily running of the business. As you know, we already have very high standards of cleanliness but virus-killing chemicals will be the new norm, along with more frequent sanitising of touch points in public areas such as handles and doorbells. All guests are urged to use the new hand sanitising stations at the front door and in the dining room as well as maintaining 2 m distancing throughout the building.
At the moment it is unclear whether we will be able to use our dining room or not so we have made plans to deliver breakfast to your room if necessary; this will provide you with the safest option as our dining room is very small.
Remember that Blackpool has miles of golden beaches, a wide open promenade, amazing attractions, a host of varied entertainment and, of course the Wescoe for your clean, safe accommodation needs; it most certainly provides the perfect Staycation location.
We really do hope we can see you all again really soon and thank you for your continuing support,
Angie & Allan 💗💗💗💗
Yeadon Way has reopened after essential work and is looking lovely with it’s new surface, new crash barriers and new fencing. Gone are the ugly weeds and overhanging trees… a much more pleasant entrance to Blackpool.
This afternoon we took our lockdown stroll in the May sunshine, between South and Central piers. There were loads of people out enjoying the weather, strolling, walking their dogs, scooting and cycling but the atmosphere was just lovely and everyone was paying attention to social distancing rules. Here are the pictures I took. Doesn’t the sea look fabulous?
Just over 20 years ago, Allan & I moved to Blackpool to take over The Wescoe. Sadly, it is now temporarily closed due to Covid19 restrictions.
It’s an uncertain time for all of us but we at The Wescoe remain upbeat. We may not know when we will be able to re-open but re-open we will as soon as we get the green light. In the meantime, our thoughts are with all of you, our guests, our friends; we hope that you and your families are coping with lockdown and that you are safe and well.
Stay home, stay safe
Blackpool (& the Wescoe) will still be here when this is all over
This video was recorded, edited and finished by our 9 year old granddaughter, Lily during a lockdown walk; she’s done an amazing job showing us her favourite places all within a couple of minutes’ walk of the Wescoe. Lovely job, Lily, thank you!
This is a short circular stroll around the area immediately next to The Wescoe during lockdown, starting and ending at Dean Street. Many of you will have never seen Blackpool this quiet and I’d guess that many of you will have never strolled behind the Sandcastle and seen the Art installations there; it’s the perfect place for strolling, cycling or just escaping the hustle and bustle. See for yourself!
1. One of my personal favourites, Italio restaurant on Lytham Rd … great Italian food & steaks. Good for evening meal or a special occasion
2. Jade Delight, Bond St (behind our car park) … yummy all you can eat Chinese buffet or choose from the menu; great value.
3. The Mandarin, Talbot Rd (near North Pier) … voted 3rd best Chinese restaurant in the country … delicious
4. G Casino, South Prom (next to the Sandcastle Waterpark) … lovely restaurant upstairs overlooking the gaming floor
5. Velvet Coaster, South Prom … good value Wetherspoons pub grub
6. The Heritage, Lytham Rd … freshly made”posh” sandwiches and home-baked cakes in super clean, modern surroundings
7. Nunzios restaurant, Queen St (just off prom, near North Pier) … fab Italian dishes, steaks & early bird menu
8. Coral Island, Central Prom … carvery, fish & chips, seafood etc popular with families
9. The Plum Tree … chain eatery but worth the drive if you enjoy a good carvery (near B&Q)
10. The Cherry Tree … Hungry Horse pub with extensive menu, indoor & outdoor seating and play areas
11. Chain eateries galore … Nandos, 2 Pizza Huts, Frankie & Bennys, 2 MacDonalds, Bella Italia, Pizza Express, KFC, Burger King, Wetherspoons (3 in Blackpool) etc
PS I don’t eat spicy food myself but guests recommend The Kingfisher and Blue Diamond, both on Highfield Rd if you enjoy Indian food