This afternoon we took our lockdown stroll in the May sunshine, between South and Central piers. There were loads of people out enjoying the weather, strolling, walking their dogs, scooting and cycling but the atmosphere was just lovely and everyone was paying attention to social distancing rules. Here are the pictures I took. Doesn’t the sea look fabulous?
Just over 20 years ago, Allan & I moved to Blackpool to take over The Wescoe. Sadly, it is now temporarily closed due to Covid19 restrictions.
It’s an uncertain time for all of us but we at The Wescoe remain upbeat. We may not know when we will be able to re-open but re-open we will as soon as we get the green light. In the meantime, our thoughts are with all of you, our guests, our friends; we hope that you and your families are coping with lockdown and that you are safe and well.
Stay home, stay safe
Blackpool (& the Wescoe) will still be here when this is all over
This video was recorded, edited and finished by our 9 year old granddaughter, Lily during a lockdown walk; she’s done an amazing job showing us her favourite places all within a couple of minutes’ walk of the Wescoe. Lovely job, Lily, thank you!
This is a short circular stroll around the area immediately next to The Wescoe during lockdown, starting and ending at Dean Street. Many of you will have never seen Blackpool this quiet and I’d guess that many of you will have never strolled behind the Sandcastle and seen the Art installations there; it’s the perfect place for strolling, cycling or just escaping the hustle and bustle. See for yourself!
1. One of my personal favourites, Italio restaurant on Lytham Rd … great Italian food & steaks. Good for evening meal or a special occasion
2. Jade Delight, Bond St (behind our car park) … yummy all you can eat Chinese buffet or choose from the menu; great value.
3. The Mandarin, Talbot Rd (near North Pier) … voted 3rd best Chinese restaurant in the country … delicious
4. G Casino, South Prom (next to the Sandcastle Waterpark) … lovely restaurant upstairs overlooking the gaming floor
5. Velvet Coaster, South Prom … good value Wetherspoons pub grub
6. The Heritage, Lytham Rd … freshly made”posh” sandwiches and home-baked cakes in super clean, modern surroundings
7. Nunzios restaurant, Queen St (just off prom, near North Pier) … fab Italian dishes, steaks & early bird menu
8. Coral Island, Central Prom … carvery, fish & chips, seafood etc popular with families
9. The Plum Tree … chain eatery but worth the drive if you enjoy a good carvery (near B&Q)
10. The Cherry Tree … Hungry Horse pub with extensive menu, indoor & outdoor seating and play areas
11. Chain eateries galore … Nandos, 2 Pizza Huts, Frankie & Bennys, 2 MacDonalds, Bella Italia, Pizza Express, KFC, Burger King, Wetherspoons (3 in Blackpool) etc
PS I don’t eat spicy food myself but guests recommend The Kingfisher and Blue Diamond, both on Highfield Rd if you enjoy Indian food
7% bigger and 30% brighter than normal, these are pictures of the rare pink supermoon over Watson Park, Blackpool, 7 April 2020
We are devastated to announce that the Wescoe will be closed for the foreseeable future.
This has been a heartbreaking decision for Allan and I and one that we have not taken lightly. We must all follow Government advice not to travel in the interests of stopping the spread of this awful disease. We do not want to put the lives of our guests, ourselves or any of our families at risk.
We will miss all of our lovely guests but will re-open as soon as the Government says that it is safe to do so.
We’re sure that you will all be ready for a break when this is over and we will be ready and waiting to welcome you all back!
If you wish to make a risk-free booking for Summer or Illuminations (no deposit, no cancellation fees up to 24 hours before your stay) please visit www.thewescoeblackpool.com (and don’t forget to insert your 10% off promo code, WESCOE10).
Thank you for your continuing support and, in the meantime, STAY SAFE
angie & allan
At The Wescoe Guesthouse, Blackpool, the well-being and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance.
Given the ongoing outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) around the world, and the developing situation within the UK, you may be thinking twice before booking a holiday or break or you may be worried about a booking you have already made.
To try and help our customers to plan their holidays during the current pandemic we are suspending all cancellation charges. If you already have a booking and are diagnosed with COVID-19 or have been told to self-isolate, please contact us directly on 01253 342772 or 07539 600632 and we will do our best to help. Whilst we won’t be able to offer a cash refund of deposits paid we will allow any payment made to be used towards a holiday for a future date. There is absolutely no risk of you losing your money.
If you are nervous about making a new booking because none of us knows how long this outbreak will last, DON’T BE! New bookings will benefit from NO DEPOSIT NEEDED AND FREE CANCELLATION UP TO 24 HOURS BEFORE DUE DATE OF ARRIVAL.
We have Summer holiday and Illumination dates still available and look forward to seeing you all then, happy and healthy 😊
Angie & Allan would like to reassure visitors that The Wescoe Guest House remains free from Covid-19 & that every precaution is being taken in order to help protect guests and visitors, as well as members of our own family. May I also reassure you that we have always maintained high standards of cleanliness and hygiene, but will be re-doubling our efforts during this difficult period.We would ask all guests to follow Government advice, washing hands regularly, catching coughs and sneezes in a tissue and disposing of tissues in the covered bins provided.
- Hand sanitiser is being supplied in the dining room and at he front door
- Surfaces touched by multiple guests in public areas (eg, handles, doorbells and bannisters) will be sanitised regularly throughout the day
- Hard bedroom surfaces (furniture, switches, kettles, remote controls etc) will be sanitised before each new set of guests arrive
- Social distancing will be operational throughout the bulding
- WE WILL SERVE BREAKFAST ON A TRAY TO GUESTS TO THEIR OWN BEDROOM; your server will wear a mask
- Keys will be sanitised after every guest
Vigilance, high standards of hygiene and common sense will go a long way in helping limit the spread of this virus and we intend to maintain all 3 here at The Wescoe.
PS: don’t expect us to shake your hand if you knock at the door, nor offer hugs as you leave … needs must! 👍