Wow! a pod of around 30 dolphins was spotted off Blackpool beach today … brought out by the great weather, no doubt!
My top picks for people eating out in Blackpool with their children (in order of distance from the Wescoe):
1. The Jade Delight (restaurant), Bond Street, South Shore (behind our car park) … all you can eat Chinese buffet (children priced on height)
2. Tutti Frutti (deli/cafe), Bond Street, South Shore … for sandwiches made to order & lighter bites
3. Pablo’s Diner, Promenade, South Shore … fish & chips etc
4. Mr Mutleys (cafe), Station Rd, (next street along from us) near seafront … cafe with good sized portions & decent food
5. The Velvet Coaster (pub) – the new £3.5 million Wetherspoons on the seafront in South Shore (2 minutes from the Wescoe)
6. The Dutton Arms (pub) Promenade, South Shore … licensed for children to stay in after eating in the evening
7. Every fast food chain available … McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut, Subway (all available in South Shore)
8. The Yeadon (pub), Yeadon Way… for food with indoor soft play areas for children
9. Frankie & Bennys (restaurant), Rigby Rd … great atmosphere
10. Coral Island (eateries inside arcade), Promenade, central … carvery at weekends plus a la carte
11. Bella Italia (restaurant), town centre … pasta, pizza specialities
12. Nandos (restaurant), town centre … chicken specialities
13. The Cherry Tree (pub) (near Asda) … new Hungry Horse chain pub with great kids’ menu & both indoor & outdoor play areas for the kids (car/taxi ride)
14. Salter’s Wharf (pub & restaurant), St Annes … Toby carvery (car/taxi ride)
15. The Queensway (pub & restaurant), St Annes … Harvester with extensive salad bar (car/taxi ride)
Thank you to all of our guests who have left kind reviews on Tripadvisor during the last 12 months … you have helped us to win a coveted “Certificate of Excellence” from Tripadvisor for the second year running. We are, of course, delighted and humbled.
Tim Burton, Samuel L Jackson & Dame Judi Dench are filming a new film in Blackpool; the Tower Circus has been postponed while filming takes place there, also North Pier is closed for the next couple of weeks. It’s all happening in Blackpool; come along & mingle with the stars!!!
Great news for South Shore …. what used to be the Lucky Star amusement arcade (opposite South Pier) is being transformed into a Wetherspoons Pub called the Velvet Coaster. As you can see from my snap, work is progressing nicely & it looks wonderful with an outdoor terrace & balconies on 3 levels making the most of the sea views. It will make a welcome addition to the food & drink offering for families visiting the Wescoe Guesthouse as it’s just a short hop away!
FREE CHILD PLACES … to celebrate the opening of the new superior family of 4 room, book a 3 night stay, pay for your first child & the second one will be free! So for £99 per night you will enjoy a HUGE room, sparkling wine & chocolates on arrival, fridge with fresh milk & bottled water daily, fluffy dressing gowns, heated towel rail in the bathroom, late breakfast & late check out. That’s a saving of £20 per night/£60 in total. Bookable online or by phone & valid until September 3rd 2015
Following on from a lot of hard work & several delays … the new family room (which was the bar) is finally ready to receive its first visitors. Like our other family of 4 room, it has vintage styling with wrought iron double bed, single day bed & trundle underneath. The day bed & trundle can be used separately or as an over-sized double bed. A fridge is stocked with bottled water & fresh milk daily & there’s a bottle of sparkling wine & chocolates to welcome you on arrival. Fluffy dressing gowns are supplied for after your shower in the beautifully appointed bathroom. I haven’t been able to photograph all of the areas of the room yet but rest assured that this is a spacious 27′ long room, more than adequate for a family of 4 people (& you can now book this room as a family of 3 room or a premium double at discounted rates on our own website … www.thewescoe.com or direct from our facebook page)
Like & share this post for a chance to win a free overnight stay (excludes Staurday night only stays at Bank Holiday & Illumination weekends).
A different booking button has now been added to our web page; you will now have the option to book rooms with or without breakfast & also some rooms can be sold in several ways (eg you might book the family of 3 room as a twin or a double). We are also going to be offering our special offers through this booking button. All in all, much more choice for you, our customers.
Give the new button a try!
Took Henry & Ivy to Farmer Parr’s recently as they’re gearing up for the Summer Season. Although most of the animals were still indoors, Henry really enjoyed the “up close & personal” session in the big barn. The staff brought round lambs, chickens, guinea pigs, a snake(!), miniature goats & miniature ponies to name but a few & every child got to pet them. Henry’s favourite was feeding the lambs & bouncing on the bouncy castle, see below:
Here are some lovely pictures of the Italian Gardens which we took on a recent trip to the park. The Art Deco Cafe is well worth a visit, too!