The World Fireworks Championships take place every Friday evening in September around North pier. Build up from 7.30pm, fireworks at 8.30pm.
Two for one vouchers on Kellogs cereals … that’s half price entry (in effect) to Blackpool Tower Dungeon, Blackpool Tower Eye, Tower Circus, Sealife Blackpool SEA LIFE centre or Tussauds Blackpool! Get saving!!
Perfect weather for Gay Pride, the same sex dance festival & the local community event at Holy Trinity Church Dean Street
Thank you to all guests who have left us kind reviews over the last year
As well as it’s usual offering of live performances the Opera House (Winter Gardens) is now opening up as a cinema! They are going to be showing classic films & performances from top theatres around the World. Here is the first schedule:
Been over to the Sandcastle today for a guided tour & I have to say I was very impressed. It’s hot, clean & the rides look just amazing! If I weren’t so long in the tooth I’d even give it a try myself! Seriously, though, it’s a great family day out with rides for the youngest & most dare-davil of you out there. And for mums who may not want to get wet there’s now a spa, too, with sauna, steam & ice rooms … that’s me sorted then!
April 18 will see Blackpool’s newest indoor attraction open. Costing £3 million Illuminasia will be housed in Olympia in the Winter Gardens.
The spectacular interactive display will be made up of over 35,000 lights, blending traditional Chinese lantern crafts with the latest in lighting technology.
There will be 6 themed zones & the display promises to be unique in the UK & the rest of Europe. It will be open from 11.00 till 18.00 daily & later in the main season.
Tickets are priced at £12.95 per adult, children 3-14 years £9,95. Online discounts will be available.
To register for special offers or to book tickets visit www.illuminasia.co.uk
1. My personal favourite, San Marco restaurant on Lytham Rd … great Italian food, steaks & an early bird menu midweek. Good for evening meal or a special occasion
2. Jade Delight, Bond St (behind our car park) … yummy all you can eat buffet or choose from the menu
3. The Mandarin, Talbot Rd (near North Pier) … voted 3rd best Chinese restaurant in the country … delicious
4. G Casino, South Prom (next to the Sandcastle waterpark) … lovely restaurant upstairs overlooking the gaming floor
5. Dutton Arms, South Prom (next to MacDonalds) … good value pub grub on a par with Wetherspoons
6. Tutti Frutti, Bond St (round the corner) … for sandwiches made freshly to order
7. Tiger Bill’s, South Prom (at the entrance to the Pleasure Beach)
8. Nunzios restaurant, Queen St (just off prom, near North Pier) … fab Italian dishes, steaks & early bird menu
9. Coral Island, Central Prom … carvery, fish & chips, seafood etc popular with families
10. Chain eateries galore … Nandos, 2 Pizza Huts, Frankie & Bennys, 2 MacDonalds, Bella Italia, Pizza Express, KFC, Burger King, Wetherspoons (3 in Blackpool) etc
I just wanted to drop you a quick email to thank you & Allan for the warm welcome & fabulous stay at the Wescoe. Pru & I really loved our room, and as you could see from the cleared plates, we particularly enjoyed the breakfasts. Unfortunately Pru cried all the way to the station, she didn’t want to come home – I think that’s why she wasn’t keen to turn & say goodbye because she had tears in her eyes. I’ve promised her that we will visit Blackpool again, & she made me promise that we would stay at Wescoe, which was very easy for me to do!
I’m going to work out the dates over Christmas, as I’d like to visit the Tower Circus panto, and hopefully I should see you both soon.
Thanks again, and I will definitely be recommending you to anyone who is considering visiting Blackpool.
All the best.
Claudette and Prudence.
Thank you Claudette & Prudence; that was a lovely email & we’re glad you enjoyed your weekend with us.