The Wescoe was built in 1896, filling the former passageway to the coach-house at the rear between the adjacent buildings. Originally called “Wescoe House”, The Wescoe has been a guesthouse for most of its life. During the Second World War, Wescoe House provided accommodation for local troops (we have a beautiful picture of them posing outside in our hallway). To this day the guesthouse retains the high ceilings and other period features from the era. Our rooms have a vintage style in keeping with the age of the building, although these days they also have modern features such as en-suite shower rooms and TVs!