1. The Pleasure Beach … all day thrills & spills for around £39 (book online the day before your visit for substantial savings or save those Tesco Clubcard points). Give Icon, the newest roller coaster a try if you dare!
2. The beach … miles of golden sand & donkeys for traditional family fun
3. Blackpool Zoo … whether you have kids or not, this is a great day out … flat, beautifully landscaped, new animals, revamped enclosures & 2 cafes. Lots of interactive areas, too. Make sure you visit the new Elephant Base Camp.
4. Blackpool Tower Circus … entertaining & heart-stopping feats, different every year &, of course, Mooky, the best clown in the business (in my humble opinion)
5. Sandcastle Indoor Waterpark … slides & waves in tropical heat or relax in the spa area
6. Tower Dungeons … a great interactive attraction … real actors introduce you to some of history’s less-than-pleasant experiences; fun-scary not x-rated scary!
7. Tussauds Waxworks … featuring new Super Heroes section. Touch the models & take your own pictures with them
8. Shows … Lots of choice here from West-end quality musicals at the Winter Gardens, traditional end of pier shows on the North pier, Legends (temporarily in the Tower Ballroom for 2018), Kings & Queens on Central Pier, Funny Girls, family entertainment at the Pleasure Beach and great comedy, illusion and cabaret shows at Viva. Something for everyone!
9. Shopping … whether it’s small souvenir shops, big-name brands or Department stores you like, Blackpool has it all
10. Heritage tram tours for a view along some of the most beautiful scenery in the UK
11. Winter Gardens … heritage tours are now available & you get to see the glorious restoration of this impressive building … genuinely an absolute delight!
12. The Sealife Centre … fun AND educational. This year’s “Save a Turtle” was a great hit with our grandchildren!
I know that’s 12 things but it’s so difficult to stick to 10!!!!